Merchant Card Processing
Americans love their credit cards – an average American carries five or six. So it stands to reason that your customers want to be able to use their plastic when they buy from you. This is true for any consumer transaction, but especially for those done online.
Benefits & Features
- Improved cash flow. You get paid in days – not weeks – when customers pay with plastic.
- Potential for increased sales. When customers can make a purchase instantly, they're more likely to follow through with the transaction. The easier you make it for customers to buy, the more likely they are to return for additional purchases.
- Greater likelihood of moving big-ticket items. Consumers know they can spread out payments over several months when they use a credit card.
- Automatic currency conversion. If you have customers in other countries, credit cards instantly convert the transaction from the foreign currency to U.S. dollars.
Business Credit Cards
Choosing the right business credit card is easier than ever. No matter which card you choose, you'll enjoy important features like award-winning expense management tools, free employee cards, EMV smart chip technology for added security and mobile purchasing capability for added convenience!
Visa Business Cash Card
Earn cash back₁ every time you use your card: 3% on office supply store net purchases and phone/internet services, 2% on restaurant and gas net purchases, and 1% on all other eligible net purchases, plus get $25 cash back after your first purchase
Apply NowLearn more about the Visa Business Cash Card
Credit Card Payment
Send a Payment:
P.O. Box 790408
St. Louis, MO 63179-0408
Send an Overnight Payment:
824 N 11th St
Questions regarding your Credit Card - Contact Cardmember Services
For questions about your account or to report a Lost of Stolen Card
24 - Hour Cardmember Service: 1-800-558-3424
To reach Cardmember Service via email, login to your account and click on Messages.
1 Reward points can be redeemed as a cash deposit to a checking or savings account with this Financial Institution or as a statement credit to your credit card account within one to two billing cycles. 2 Cash Rewards Card: “Cash Back Rewards” are the rewards you earn under the program. Cash Back Rewards are tracked as points and each point in Cash Back Rewards earned is equal to $0.01. You may simply see “Cash Back” in marketing material when referring to the rewards you earn. You will earn 1 Reward Point (“Point”) for each dollar of eligible Net Purchases charged to your Account during each billing cycle. You will also earn 2 additional Points (for a total of 3 Points) for each dollar of Net Purchases charged to your Account during each billing cycle at merchant locations that are classified in the merchant category code as office supplies or cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services. In addition, you will earn 1 additional Point (for a total of 2 Points) for each dollar of Net Purchases charged to your Account during each billing cycle at merchant locations that are classified in any of the following merchant category codes: automated fuel dispensers and service stations or restaurants. The number of additional Points earned on office supply store purchases, cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services, automated fuel dispensers, and service stations or restaurants is unlimited. Points expire five years from the end of the quarter in which they are earned. 3 Bonus rewards points or cash back will be applied 6 to 8 weeks after first purchase and are not awarded for balance transfers or cash advances. One-time bonus rewards will be awarded after eligible net purchases totaling $2,000 or more are made to your account within three months from account opening. 4 The Elan Rewards Program is subject to change. Rewards are earned on eligible net purchases. Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns. Not all transactions are eligible to earn rewards, such as Advances, Balance Transfers and Convenience Checks. Upon approval, see your Cardmember Agreement for details. You may not redeem Points, and you will immediately lose all of your Points, if your Account is closed to future transactions (including, but not limited to, due to Program misuse, failure to pay, bankruptcy, or death). 5 Real Rewards: You will earn 1.5 Reward Points (“Points”) for each dollar of eligible Net Purchases made with your Account within a billing cycle (equal to 1.5% cash back). Monthly net purchase points will be applied each billing cycle. Points expire five years from the end of the quarter in which they are earned. 6 Rewards PLUS: Points expire five years from the end of the quarter in which they are earned. You will earn 1.5 Reward Points (“Points”) for each dollar of eligible Net Purchases made with your Account. You may earn additional Points for purchases at merchants that are classified as: airlines, cellular phone services, or hotels (each, a “Category”). You will earn an additional 1.5 Reward Points (for a total of 3 Reward Points) for each dollar of Net Purchases in the one Category that has the highest total Net Purchases charged to your Account (the “Highest Category”) during each billing cycle. The creditor and issuer of these cards is Elan Financial Services, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
EMV Debit Card
One card does it all when you use the Community Bank EMV Debit Card that has the power of Visa®. You can use it just like a check by presenting it at the time of purchase. The amount is deducted automatically from your checking account. Typically you will receive a receipt for record keeping, and each transaction is detailed on your monthly checking account statement. You can also use your Community Bank EMV Debit Card at an ATM for quick access to cash.
When using your EMV Debit Card, if the retailer has a chip-enabled terminal, simply insert your card face up. The card will remain in the terminal while the transaction is processed; removing your card before you are prompted can disable your card. Before removing your card, you will be prompted to enter your PIN or provide a signature to verify the transaction. If the retailer does not have a chip-enabled terminal, swipe your card through the merchant terminal and enter your PIN, just as you do at an ATM
MoneyPass is the nationwide surcharge-free ATM Network operate by Elan Financial Services. With more than 23,000 surcharge-free ATMs and 60 million cardholders, there are plenty of benefits for you!
Alerts help you play it safe. Payment cards offer both convenience and risk. CardValet manages the risk by allowing you to define when, where and how your cards can be used.
- Receive alerts whenever your payment cards are used
- Establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories, transaction types and geographic locations
- Safeguard your cards: turn them “off” if they’re misplaced or stolen and back “on” when you’re ready to use them
Tips for Using Your Cards Responsibly
Upon receiving your new card, you will be required to activate the card. You can do this by calling the number listed on the card or making a withdrawal at an ATM. You will also set up your pin while you are activating your card.
- Keep your PIN private. Memorize it and don’t write it down. Never tell it to anyone.
- Always take sales receipts. They contain valuable information you may need later.
- Know your daily card limit. This limit is set based on your normal spending habits to protect you in the event that your card is lost or stolen. If you will be making larger purchases or traveling out of the country, please contact a Personal Banker to ensure that your purchases will be processed correctly. A 24-hour notice is required when changing limits.
- Lost or Stolen. Contact us immediately - this will limit your liability in case of fraudulent use of your card.
- St. Andres Drive Mankato (507) 385-4444
- Madison Ave Mankato (507) 625-1551
- Amboy (507) 674-3300
- Eagle Lake (507) 257-5120
- Vernon Center (507) 549-3679
- Weekends or Evenings (800) 472-3272
The Community Bank Visa® Gift Card is the ideal gift for anyone, for any occasion! Recipients can choose their perfect gift themselves – from clothes to music, movie tickets to dinner and much more. Plus, it’s safer than cash. Additional features of the prepaid Visa® Gift Card include:
- An all-occasion gift: use it for birthdays, holidays, weddings, graduations and more
- Visa acceptance: welcome everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted
- Choice: unlike store gift cards and gift certificates, you can use it almost anywhere (includes online & mail order purchases)
- Available in any denomination: you specify, from $25 - $1,000
- Fee for purchase
Gift Card FAQs
Does my Gift Card need to be activated?
Yes, please call 1-866-244-5360 to activate your Gift Card and receive your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to be used for POS purchases only.
Where can my Gift Card be used?
It can be used to make purchases everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted in the United Sates.
Can I use my Gift Card internationally?
You may use your Gift Card to make purchases in the United States only.
Can I use my PIN number to get a cash advance or cash out of the ATM?
No, the PIN number is for making POS purchases only.
Should I select debit or credit at the Point of Sale?
Select credit for signature transactions and debit for POS transactions using your PIN.
Here are some tips when using the card at:
- Restaurants, Beauty Salons, Hotels, Care Rental Agencies - It is customary for service-oriented or travel companies to require an available balance over the purchase amount (usually 25%) to ensure sufficient funds for tips or incidental expenses.
- Gas stations - Paying at the pump using this card requires at least a minimum balance of $100.00. However, only the actual amount spent will be deducted from the card. If your Gift Card balance is less than $100.00, you can use the card inside the station as long as the purchase does not exceed the remaining balance.
- On-line Merchants - In order to use this card for merchants who use address verification to authenticate purchases, you must register your card on-line at www.harlandclarkegiftcard.com. Login as a Returning Cardholder and follow the instructions to register your card. Your card may not be sued at age restricted on-line merchant sites.
How do I check the balance on my Gift Card?
Go to My Account or call 1-866-244-5360.
Why should I register my card?
Registering the card identifies the gift recipient as the owner of the card and may be used to authorize on-line or phone purchases. To register your card, follow www.harlandclarkegiftcard.com. Login using your account number, the 3 digit code found on the back of the card and the last 4 digits of your phone number. Follow the instruction under "Card Registration"
What if my purchase is denied?
The card's available balance is probably less than the purchase amount. Call 1-866-244-5360 for the remaining balance on the card and sue another form of payment to pay the difference, subject to the policy of the merchant.
How are merchandise returns handled?
Each merchant location has its own return policies and will handle the returns in the same manner as any other Visa® debit purchase.
Can I get cash back from a merchant?
No, cash back is not an option on your Gift Card, unless required by State Law.
Is my Gift Card a credit card?
No, the card cannot be reloaded.
What happens if my Gift Card is lost or stolen?
You should immediately report any problems or a lost or stolen card by calling the 24-hour toll-free support line at 1-866-244-5360. A replacement card will be issued and any available balance will be transferred to the new card, less the $5.00 lost/stolen fee that will be deducted from your card's available balance (a new card issuance fee may also apply).
Does my Gift Card have an expiration date?
Yes. The expiration date is 7 years from date of manufacture of card. The funds on this card will be available until spent or until the date shown on the front of the card which is at least 5 years from the date the value was loaded.
What happens if there is a balance remaining after my Gift Card expires?
After the expiration date shown on the front of the card any remaining funds will no longer be available.
Can my Gift Card have a negative balance?
Any authorization request that is greater than the card's available balance will be declined. However, there can be times when a Visa® merchant puts an item through without prior authorization. If an overdraft occurs, you will be required to make a payment to Cardholder Services to cover the negative amount.
Payments should be sent to:
PO Box 7235 Sioux Falls, SD 57117-7235
How are disputes handled?
Simply call the toll-free customer service number, 1-866-244-5360, and they will walk you through the process.